Our experts at AF Acoustics will provide a simple checklist for building preparation, which includes the following:
- The building should be ‘completed’
- All external doors and windows closed
- All internal doors wedged open
- All fire dampers, ventilation louvres and trickle vents closed but not sealed
- Mechanical ventilation turned off with inlet/outlet grilles sealed
- All combustion appliances switched off
- Drainage traps must contain water
- Any ‘Aga’ type stoves must be switched off for a minimum of 24 hours prior to testing
All building preparations should be made before our test engineers arrive on the site this will ensure a smooth testing process and increase your dwelling’s chances of passing the test the first time. We will seal all the vents ourselves.
For multiple dwellings it may also be necessary to agree on the test programme with the building inspector before arriving on site.
Where possible, it is helpful to accurately calculate the envelope area and confirm the fan installation arrangements based on architectural drawings before coming to the site.